The PR program is conducting a pilot project to determine if applying PR tactics with regional media outlets can boost local brand awareness to benefit our dealers. The process began this month with a Radio Media Tour, followed by a content placement scheduled for January.
The Radio Media Tour offers a combination of live and recorded media interviews with celebrity influencer Anthony Carrino on Friday, Dec. 17 that is expected to reach at least 40 million listeners. (Final results to be determined.)
After the holidays, a listicle-formatted piece of content is set for distribution with a minimum of 800 media placements during the week of Jan. 11.
Of course, we have ongoing regional pitching, as well, for our target markets.
Our goals for this regional pilot are to:
- Increase regional awareness for Trane Residential among homeowners in key markets by proactively deploying creative and newsworthy pitch angles that drive local media coverage for the brand.
- Leverage regional, sponsored-content opportunities to increase visibility and reach of Trane key messaging and its products.
- Further establish Trane as a leading authority in the home category by utilizing our subject matter experts and brand spokespeople.
- Southwest (AZ & El Paso, TX)
- Heartland (St. Louis)
- North Florida
- North Texas
- Ohio (Cincinnati)
- Ohio (Columbus)
- South Carolina
- South Florida
- South Texas
- Midsouth (Arkansas)
- Richmond (Virginia)
- Nationally Syndicated
Details for the two main tactics:
Radio Media Tour
- Media Plan:
- The Trane Winterizing and Heating Maintenance Tips Radio Media Tour (RMT) set for Dec. 17 features our celebrity spokesperson Anthony Carrino, who will provide winter preparation and heating advice to regional affiliates across the U.S. (live and recorded segments)
- Guaranteed a minimum of 40 million impressions, with approximately 375 total airings in target markets (100% coverage)
- In addition to the RMT, a pre-recorded Audio News Release component will air in all target markets to provide full coverage!
- RMT Execution:
- We provided key messaging to Anthony Carrino, who will spend 5 hours doing live and recorded spots on Dec. 17.
Listicle (Form of online MAT Release)
- In process now is the development of a snackable form of content that will bring together text and multiple photos in a list form.
- This format is perfectly designed for mobile consumption and a news audience that enjoys quick, casual, and visually focused information.
- Our topic, “6 simple tips to save on energy costs,” focuses on tips with light product mentions to assure a level of authenticity to the piece:
- Check your home’s insulation and seals
- Set your thermostat correctly for winter
- Run your ceiling fan clockwise in winter (really!)
- Create climate zones
- Don’t turn that dial
- Upgrade to a high-efficiency HVAC system
- Plan to distribute the week of Jan. 11
- Guarantee: 800 placements
- Average: 950+ placements, 240 million site audience
For more information, contact Rayanne DuChane, PR, Brand and Communications manager, at Rayanne.email@example.com.